- Sewing 101: Sewing tools, understanding fabric, cutting, sewing with a machine.
- Serger 101: Use a serger to finish inside seams for a professional look and durability.
- Clothing Construction without Patterns: Copy your favorite clothing without ever using a pattern.
- Patterns 101: If you want to use a pattern, learn how to read and follow a paper pattern.
- Machine Use and Maintenance: I can help you get to know your machine. Lessons include troubleshooting and cleaning your machine.
- Zippers Made Easier: Install zippers into any garment the easy way.
- Repair/Alterations: Easily repair or alter that pile of ‘mending’ or ‘wrong-size’ clothing taking up spice in your closet.
- Original Design: Get inspired by sketching, combining styles and learn how to let the fabric design the garment for you.
- Gifts and Home Decor: Make unique hats, bags, toys, pillows, curtains, blankets and home decor with fabric or reclaimed materials.
- Obtainium Mining Field Trip; How to find great fabric and raw materials at thrift stores.
Burning Man & Costume Design:
- Faux-Fur 101: Make fur hats, suits, coats, tails, vests or leg warmers.
- Steampunk Design: Make Punk pants, shorts, pirate shirts, vests, bloomers, skirts, bustles and suspenders out of thrift-store finds.
- Designing with Reclaimed Fabrics and Clothing: Use old clothing or thrift-store fabrics, bed sheets or table cloths to create one-of-a-kind styles.
Equipment and Supplies provided:
- Sewing machines & replacement needles
- Industrial sewing machines (for leather, canvas, outdoor)
- Serger machines
- Adjustable bust form
- Threads of all colors
- Rotary cutters and matts
- Pins & needles
- Tape measures
- Practice fabrics
- Notions: zippers, buttons, closures, etc.
- Large selection of Upcycled fabrics and materials
- Pattern library